2013 Flower Show
Here comes Spring, which means here come the flowers. Who will have the prize winning flowers this year? Bring your flowers to the Scio Middle School Gym and find out! Information and Rules
1. Bring entries to the Scio Middle School Cafeteria between 9:00am-10:00am on Saturday May 18th, 2013.
2. The Flower Show will be closed for judging at 10:00am and open after the Parade. No late entries will be accepted.
3. Entries should be picked up on Sunday between 2:00-3:00pm.
4. Ribbons will be given for 1st-3rd places and also Best of Division, Best of Show, Judges Choice and Peoples Choice.
5. Exhibitors must classify their own entries and place on appropriate category table.
6. Only one entry per person per class.
7. Arrangements must be by the one whose name appears on the entry.
8. Use fresh materials in all classes unless otherwise stated.
9. Judges may decide to break down classes into additional categories or combine classes in order to judge and all decisions are
10. Linn County Lamb and Wool Fair and Scio School District 95C is not responsible for loss, breakage, or exhibits left after the
show. Division 1
Class I Ages 6 and below
Make a small artificial flower arrangement with an American Flag in it. Class 2 Ages 7-11
Using natures oddities, such as driftwood, branches and natural materials, create a table scape. The size should be limited to 9x13 inches and must have an American Flag in it. Class 3 Ages 12-18
Flower plants that were grown from seed, include type/species. Division II
Arrangements All Ages
Table arrangement with a 360 degree view point. Class 2
Door Swag or Wreath Class 3
Ceremonial basket/display with a front view. Division III
Entries must be presented in clear, uncolored glass container. Each should include one stem, leaf and flower specimen. Class 1 Azalea
Class 2 Calla Lilly
Class 3 Columbine
Class 4 Iris
Class 5 Lilac
Class 6 Peony
Class 7 Poppy
Class 8 Rhododendron
Class 9 Roses (One entry per category)
A. Hybrid Tea
C. Old Fashioned
Class 10 House Plants